Thursday, November 15, 2007

Something a little different


(The above picture has nothing to do with the rest of the piece. I just done want anyone to feel left out. That, and I just love a good drawing.)

I'm not one to espouse my opinions, at least not political ones. Not before today that is. And even now I feel a little bad because I’m perhaps being a bit too colloquial. And I'm merely linking to another site. So be it though. (Also, I need something before Thanksgiving break).


Believe me, nothing disgusts me more than forced political messages from people, especially animation, which has become burrowed with sub-par flash videos or redubbed 80's cartoon. To quote another man( Warren Beatty, who did make a fun and political film, Bullworth) "Movies are fun, but they're not a cure for cancer", which I take to mean that it's ok to have a opinion about something and say it(with solid knowledge) but realize that what you are doing as a creative person is not changing the world.

That doesn't mean people can't do both, look at Ralph Bakshi with Coonskin, Ishiro Honda with Gojira/Godzilla, or Stanley Kubrick with A Clockwork Orange. Social issues can be represented well in cartoons and so forth if you do passionately and expansive enough. But to really change something, you have to be aware and show pertinent judgment in terms of supporting the actual people who want to and can do something good. People who actually look at the world and, void of conservative (in the dictionary sense) party pandering, want to make it work. That’s why I'm throwing my hat in for Kucinich, a person a fellow politically aware cartoonist informed me of. This is more than just about a president election at a specific period. This is about voting for someone that actually --and openly-- states the ideas that will help everyone lead their life void of fretless interference(no war on drugs, free education, so forth). That is something timeless, that everyone should get behind.

And here's the proof:

The Left Coaster: A Vote For Dennis Kucinich

Update: Gore Vidal has throw his hat in the ring for Kucinich as well, making some good points about "wasting" our vote.

Dennis Kucinich: Gore Vidal

1 comment:

Eric Noble said...

Dennis Kucinich sounds like a candidate. We'll just have to see where this election goes.